For centuries, people have assumed that wealth would be a wonderful cure for all their unhappiness or problems. Why else would we work so hard for it? But when people actually acquired more money and status they wanted, they discovered that it wasn’t quite what they hoped.
I don’t mean to say that acquiring wealth is wrong or money wouldn’t solve all the problem. The important thing is that while we are making plans for getting filthy rich, we should also ask WHY we want to be rich.
What kind of persona will we become while acquiring wealth or chasing our dreams.
“You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” – Lydia Sweatt
Since there are no trees growing free cash, no money raining from the sky into our purses and wallets, most of us live in a world of budgets. But, the good thing is, when you take control of your money, you take control of your life, too.
Here are 19 quotes to inspire you to really appreciate your hard-earned money.
- “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” —Thomas Jefferson
- “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” —George Lorimer
- “There is a gigantic difference between earning a great deal of money and being rich.” —Marlene Dietrich
- “Money is usually attracted, not pursued.” —Jim Rohn
- “If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.” —Edmund Burke
- “A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some.” —Joe Moore
- “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are.” —James W. Frick
- “Many folks think they aren’t good at earning money, when what they don’t know is how to use it.” —Frank A. Clark
- “Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.” —Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” —Ayn Rand
- “Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” —P.T. Barnum
- “You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” —Dave Ramsey
- “It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” —Robert Kiyosaki
- “The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.” —T.T. Munger
- “A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.” —Jonathan Swift
- “Money is multiplied in practical value depending on the number of W’s you control in your life: what you do, when you do it, where you do it, and with whom you do it.” —Timothy Ferriss
- “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” —Will Rogers
- “Money is a guarantee that we may have what we want in the future. Though we need nothing at the moment it insures the possibility of satisfying a new desire when it arises.” —Aristotle