If you have ever complained about not having somethings (and who has not?) stop the thoughts. Immediately start writing a notebook of why you have Gratitude and towards whom and for what.
It is a very powerful exercise of being grateful for what is given to us. I can not say about others, but I am sure I have more than what I deserve and I can easily make a list of 100 people to whom I owe much more than what they owe me. Whether it is the teacher who taught me, or the client who paid for my house, shelter, holidays, food on the table, a great life or a super great set of friends, colleagues, kids, … the list is endless.
Still once in a while you read a story like this and it makes you question. You know you have done nothing to give back to the world for what has been given to you……read this……I beg of you to read this……read on……The Last Walk for Water
View at Medium.com
I wanted to share with you 10 quotes that really help put into perspective the power and importance of being thankful:
- “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” — Frank A. Clark
- “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” — John F. Kennedy
- “None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” — Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
- “Gratitude always comes into play; research shows that people are happier if they are grateful for the positive things in their lives, rather than worrying about what might be missing.” — Dan Buettner
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” — Dalai Lama
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” — Willie Nelson
- “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” — W. Clement Stone
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” — Albert Einstein
Gratitude is one of the most powerful emotions that you can practice in your everyday life.